Notes by Astrologer Barbara Schermer
Every January for sixteen years I have presented this preview of astrological influences for the year to come. Most presentations were in Chicago and at the Rio Caliente Spa, outside Guadalajara, Mexico, but this year I gave the talk to the the Open Circle group of about 300 people in Ajijic, Mexico. These Notes are the handout for that talk. They cover most of the inportant points in what will prove to be a spectacular year.
1. Astrology is the study of cycles and patterns that are hidden but knowable.
2. We live in epic times, more important than we know. When you look back on these days you’ll say, “When the historic moments happened I was there. And, even better, I participated.”
3. In essence, 2011–2012 is the tipping point. Cascading events are dramatically changing the world. Setbacks and advances are happening simultaneously.
4. Pluto squares off with Uranus (90 degree angle) seven times through 2015, from June 24, 2012 to March 15, 2015. The last time they came together in a similar critical dynamic was 1965–1969. A parallel to what happened then is happening now.
5. Two generations are driving these evolutionary/revolutionary events; their ages range from 17 to 41 years. Pluto in Libra generation members were born 1970–1984. They are the “Millennial Generation: The Peacemakers.” Pluto in Scorpio generation natives were born 1984–1995. I call them the “Harry Potter Generation: The Magicians and Healers.” They were raised to believe in magic. They are like “psychic sponges.” They can be problem solvers of our most difficult issues.
6. Pluto is in the sign of Capricorn from Fall 2008 to Spring 2024. A two-fold psychic process—Death with its twin, Rebirth— is underway. Long-suppressed forces, from deep within as in a volcano, burst forth in multiple eruptions. Certainly there is destruction, but also fresh new life blossoms.
7. Repression. Resistance. Regeneration. Rinse and repeat. Dictators and brutal regimes fall. Ossified and corrupt structures and systems crumble or fly apart. Resistance? The Worldwide Occupy Movement, and the Arab Spring are examples. Regeneration? New kind of civil societies, governments, and institutions for global cooperation and problem solving emerge. Old ideas yield to the new.
8. Capricorn is an earth sign, ruling over all matters of the environment—earth changes and climate—but also sustainability and self-sufficiency. How do I become more self-sufficient? Simplify your life! Aim to have your family be 50% more self-sufficient within five years. Teach your children to love nature and they will take care of the earth.
9. Uranus is in the sign of Aries from Spring 2011 to Spring 2018. Revolution! The era of the activist comes around again as youth are mobilized. Science astounds us. Pioneers and innovators come forth. Time accelerates, information overloads us, and we experience “shock fatigue.” But new “Models of Everything” appear. Evolutionary leaps occur. You are “the power of 1.” What stirs your passion?
10. Saturn is in the sign of Libra from July 2010 to October 2012. Tipping points abound. How do I live a balanced life? Reassess and re-negotiate relationships. Strive for what is just and fair.
11. in the sign of Pisces from February 3, 2012 to February 2025. “Veils” are thinner, deeper dreams and intuitions are possible, as are instant manifestation. Who and what nourishes me?
Inspiring news sources: odemagazine.com and yesmagazine.org. The podcast On Being (American Public Radio) and our own lakechapalagreengroup.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 773-248-7108 US & Intl.